America’s largest manufacturer of Custom Aquariums and Themed Exhibits and stars of Nat Geo Wild’s WILD’s Reality TV series “FISH TANK KINGS”
Living Color is always looking for passionate individuals who bring value to our unique and dynamic organization. Please review the below job openings and apply to the position that best fits your career path. Be sure to include your most current resume or CV for our consideration. Headquartered in a cutting edge, 43,000 square foot factory in Deerfield Beach, FL, our design, manufacturing and installation teams consists of the best and most skilled in the business.
For over 25 years, Living Color Aquariums has designed and built iconic, award-winning custom aquariums and themed exhibits for high-profile clients like Disney, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, Major League Baseball’s Miami Marlins Ballpark, Loews Hotels, Rainforest Café, Bass Pro Shops, Nordstrom, as well as many distinguished celebrities and professional sports athletes. We are looking for an Acrylic Production Manager to join our South Florida team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience working with acrylic. An interest or experience working with aquariums is a plus.
- Responsible for all aspects of acrylic manufacturing, e.g. milling acrylic sheets, creating jigs and forms for bonding and forming in an annealing oven, cutting and preparing sheets for bonding, sanding and polishing the acrylic tank.
- Will be working with a variety of electric and pneumatic hand tools, e.g. buffer, router, jig-saw, drills, sanders, etc.
- Responsible for safely lifting, moving, and rigging and handling large scale acrylic sheets and aquariums.
- Has experience in operating a forklift and maneuvering materials in a large manufacturing facility in a safe and efficient manner.
- Will need to read and understand detailed fabrication drawings.
- Ability to operate single axis (or three axis) CNC machine; this includes programming the machine and choosing correct bits and cutting speeds, is a plus, but not required. (We use AlphaCam software on the MutliCam hardware).
- The candidate should be someone who has shown initiative, is a self starter, multi-tasking and has experience working and managing others.
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Criminal and motor vehicle background check required; drug-screen test required; results must meet company hiring guidelines
- Experience working with all aspects of acrylic manufacturing, e.g., milling acrylic sheets, creating jigs and forms for bonding and forming in an annealing oven, cutting and preparing sheets for bonding, sanding and polishing the acrylic tank
- Ability to work with a variety of electric and pneumatic hand tools
- Experience in operating a forklift and maneuvering materials in a large manufacturing facility
- Ability to read and understand detailed fabrication drawings
- Ability to operate single-axis (or three-axis) CNC machine—including programming the machine and choosing correct bits and cutting speeds—is a plus but not required. (We use AlphaCam software on the MutliCam hardware.)
- Must be a self starter, shows initiative and have the ability to handle multiple projects and multi-task.
- Working with and as a team is mandatory.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Paid holidays
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Living Color’s job applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
As a reasonable accommodation, we offer any individual with a disability an optional alternative application method. Please send your resumé to email@example.com or complete the application form for the desired job opening.