Living Color Aquariums, America's largest manufacturer of Custom Aquariums and Themed Exhibits and stars of Nat Geo Wild's WILD's Reality TV series "FISH TANK KINGS" is always looking for passionate individuals who bring value to our unique and dynamic organization. Please review the below job openings and apply to the position that best fits your career path. Be sure to include your most current resume or CV for our consideration
We are seeking an Aquarium and Life Support system installer to join our install team. Basic plumbing skills and understanding of aquarium systems a plus.
- Fabricating, preparing and assembling and testing equipment at head office prior to site mobilization.
- Preparing aquariums and equipment for shipment to project site.
- Assist with rigging and landing/placement of the aquarium at the jobsite.
- Onsite assembly and installation of aquarium and equipment.
- Understand and follow detailed Life Support System designs (aquarium filtration) and equipment instructions.
- Extensive PVC plumbing and fitting.
- Assist with onsite testing and commissioning of aquarium.
- Troubleshoot and Repair of equipment when needed.
- Assisting other team members with various in-house projects.
- Technical repairs at existing projects when required.
- Other duties as they arise.
- Must be organized and self-motivated with a desire to see projects through to completion.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of plumbing, and/or aquarium filtration, pumps and motors.
- Significant experience working with PVC plumbing and fitting.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and carpentry.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be willing to work in various outdoor/indoor conditions and in confined or cramped areas.
- Available for overtime when required.
- Willing and able to travel in the USA and abroad (Each trip may be 2-3 weeks or more at a time).
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, bend, stand, kneel, walk and lift up to 50lbs or more several times a day.
- Must be able to work independently and with others.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days
- Employer will conduct a MVR check and a mandatory pre employment drug test
Fill out the form below
Sales & Business Development+
We are seeking a seasoned sales professional to join our Business Development team.
Responsible for sales generation as a result of outbound efforts, networking opportunities and B2B appointments, etc. Individual should possess at least 2 years sales experience with a proven track record for success. This position will report to the Director of Sales. You must be able to actively engage customers, demonstrate our products, and effectively close sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Living Color Aquariums brand by promoting and selling custom aquarium solutions
- Establish, build, maintain and expand relationships with potential clients
- Develop new business primarily through prospecting, in-person contacts, phone follow-up, appointment setting and sales presentations
- Implement a sales strategy and ensure met sales objectives
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Provide timely and accurate pricing to customer inquires
- Maintain meticulous records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports
- Preparation of proposals and presentations
Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of prior sales experience with a proven and stable work history
- Computer Software Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook
- Willingness for occasional travel as required to meet with sales prospects and close business to travel for work
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Valid Florida Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days and a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug test
Salary and Benefits:
We provide comprehensive benefits including: competitive sales commissions (no ceilings/caps), paid vacation and sick time, 401(k) and opportunities to maximize your career potential.
- Full Time Position with Benefits after 90 Day Probation
Fill out the form below
Aquatic Packing Assistant+
Living Color Aquarium Maintenance and Supply – Pompano Beach, FL
Living Color Aquarium Maintenance and Supply is a unique national wholesale
distributor of quarantined marine fish, coral, and invertebrates. We are currently seeking
an Aquatic Packing Assistant to join our team in Pompano Beach. This is a permanent
- Executes all aspects of the livestock department procedures and protocols including,
but not limited to the care and maintenance of fish, invertebrate, and aquatic amphibian
systems, as well as quarantine and holding facilities.
- Assists in the capture, transport, delivery, and packing of new specimens for various
- Responsible for carrying out assigned duties in order to deliver healthy specimens
safely to designated retail stores.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Criminal and motor vehicle background check required; drug-screen test required;
results must meet company hiring guidelines
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and be able to communicate clearly with other
team members and the public
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs. and fit into tight spaces
- Must understand and follow proper sterile procedures
- Ability to identify multiple marine fish species
- Ability to identify health of fish
- Previous experience in aquatic retail or aquatic wholesale environments
- Ability to work in warehouse conditions
- Experience in keeping ornamental fish
- High school diploma
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
Fill out the form below
Aquarium Maintenance Technician+
Living Color Aquarium Maintenance and Supply is a unique national wholesale distributor of
quarantined marine fish, coral, and invertebrates. We are looking for warehouse packing
assistant to join our team in Pompano Beach. This is a permanent full-time position.
- Daily Responsibilities include but are not limited to; Clean, service and maintain
aquariums in your car according to your assigned route and schedule.
- Identify, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases for fish.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and repair for life support systems.
- Water chemistry testing.
- Life support system maintenance.
- Daily care of fish and invertebrates.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in keeping ornamental fish
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working at an AZA accredited institution is preferred
- In depth knowledge of marine ornamental fish husbandry
- Experience in coral husbandry
- Experience with ornamental fish water quality requirements
- Skill in LSS maintenance and operation
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Degree in Marine Biology or related field preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Valid Florida driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to pass a mandatory pre-employment drug test and background check
Fill out the form below
Living Color’s job applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
As a reasonable accommodation, we offer any individual with a disability an optional alternative application method. Please send your resumé to email@example.com or complete the application form for the desired job opening.