Living Color Aquarium Maintenance and Supply is currently seeking an Aquarium Maintenance Supervisor. We offer service to high end private and commercial clientele and are looking for the right person to supervise the Aquarium Maintenance Division. This position reports to the Director of Husbandry for LCAMS and is expected to perform most duties independently, providing feedback via e-mail, meetings, and/or written reports.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing service to a variety of commercial and private aquarium clients including fresh and salt water, corals, invertebrates, and ponds.
- Supervising a team of 4-5 maintenance technicians to ensure they are meeting performance expectations.
- Placing all orders required for maintenance clients and technicians.
- Adjusting schedules and assignments to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Interacting with clients to ensure all service expectations are met.
- Overseeing the maintenance and repairs of aquarium maintenance vehicles.
- Developing fish portfolio’s for prospective and existing clients
- Education in a related field preferred
- Experience working with fresh and salt water aquariums of many sizes
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and be able to clearly communicate with other team members and the public
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects up to 60 lbs. and fit into tight spaces
- Must pass drug screening and background check upon hiring, and agree to submit to periodic random testing
- Familiarity with the biology of a wide range of animals, their specific requirements, and their compatibility with other animals
- Knowledge and understanding of water chemistry
- Ability to calculate additions using proper formulas to determine quantities of chemicals or medications to be added
- Familiarity with many types of filtration including several different methods of biological, mechanical, and chemical
- Knowledge of advanced quarantine procedures
- Ability to properly transport, acclimate, and introduce animals to a new system
- Familiarity with advanced methods of animal disease diagnosis and treatments, drug sensitivities, adverse reactions of combining medications, and necropsy techniques
- Knowledge of different lighting types necessary for keeping fish, invertebrates, and reptiles
- Possess skills working with plumbing, fiberglass, wood, and plastics in order to maintain or improve life support equipment and exhibit habitat
Desire to continually expand knowledge in all areas of aquarium life support, general biology, animal husbandry, quarantine procedures, disease diagnosis/treatment, and water chemistry